Sunday, January 20, 2013

Seasoning With a Smile

I had such great success with my taco seasoning that I decided to go ahead and give some other mixes a try.  I found recipes for Ranch dressing and Dry Onion soup mix on Pinterest, where else.  Most of the ingredients I already had, but I did have to pick up some extra of a few things.  I doubled the recipes and put everything into mason jars and gave them a good shake!  
Recipes to follow pictures.

 Only 4 ingredients for the ranch dressing/dip mix.  I forgot to take a picture of the onion soup mix.
All shaken, labeled and ready to go!
I put the serving instructions on the bottom of the jars so they would be handy for my forgetful mind.  I haven't tried the onion soup mix yet but the ranch tasted good.  I will post a follow up as soon as I have tried the onion soup mix.

RECIPES:
Dry Onion Soup Mix
2/3 cup dried, minced onion
3 tsp parsley flakes
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground pepper

Mix all ingredients together and you are ready to go.  Stir or shake each time before using.
4TB=1 packet

Ranch
5 TB dried, minced onion
2 1/2 TB parsley flakes
4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients and you are ready to go.
dressing: 2 TB mix w/1 cup mayo and 1 cup milk
dip: 2 TB mix w/2 cups sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment