Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boo to You!

I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided that I must make one of my own for Halloween  I love decorating for Halloween almost as much as I love decorating for Christmas, it is a very close second.   
 These are all the things you will need to make your very own BOO sign.  I had everything already except for the letters which I picked up at my local Michael's store.
 When painting or gluing anything I use an old cutting board to keep things clean.  I know I didn't really have to paint the entire letter as I would be covering most of it with paper, but it seemed silly to just paint the sides.  
 After the paint dried I adhered the letters face down on the WRONG side of the paper I had chosen.  
 After that dried I used an exacto knife and good old fashioned tearing to get my letters out.  
 I decided to drill holes in my letters so I could string the ribbon through to connect them all.
TA DA after adding on some embellishments it is all done.  Now I just wish it was October 1st so I can officially start decorating!
Total cost for me was $4
I only bought the letters and the bat, everything else I already had.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I might have to try that! And who care's if it's not October 1st, I gave in and decorated today.

    ReplyDelete